The Bitcoin SV Technical Standards Committee (TSC) is in the early stages of defining and implementing a technical roadmap for the next three years. The roadmap aims to provide clear technical direction for the industry at large, in-line with the committee’s mission to promote technical excellence and improve the utility of Bitcoin SV by enhancing interoperability through standardisation.
As an organising body, the purpose of the TSC is to facilitate industry collaboration; its success relies on the participation of industry stakeholders and ecosystem businesses. Therefore, the TSC is extending an open invitation for interested stakeholders to submit feedback on the draft roadmap. The information gathered through this process will inform the final roadmap draft and serve as data supporting the plans and goals it details.
The roadmap is designed to summarise the current standardisation landscape for the Bitcoin SV ecosystem. It is intended to help people navigate emerging standards and includes several proposed areas for future development based on feedback received from stakeholders. It may also include published standards and various ‘live’ standardisation projects that are due to be published within the timeframe.
How to participate
If you or your organisation is interested in helping to define the areas of focus and standardisation goals for the roadmap, please complete the participation form. You will be asked to describe the area you see as a priority and the standardisation goals that will affect your area of work within the next two-year period. We would also like to know if you have started work on a solution on the standardisation area you have listed.
Please do not discard areas already covered in the roadmap draft displayed below from your form. We ask that you include all areas of priority. Your organisation will then confirm them as areas that require attention for the roadmap.
Participating in the TSC’s roadmap process can be a worthwhile endeavour for organisations involved in the Bitcoin SV industry. Your participation and contribution will help to:
- Ensure that your organisation’s technical needs are addressed in the development of industry standards in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Ensure that your organisation is building in a manner that minimises technical debt/waste and facilitates maximum interoperability with the rest of the industry.
- Remove redundancies by improving your organisation’s awareness of other solutions that are being developed.
- Broadcast areas of concern to drive priorities for others in the ecosystem.
- Discover new opportunities to collaborate with other participants to lower development costs, reduce execution risk, shorten time to market, and ultimately, increase enterprise value.
- Stay close to the cutting edge of the industry’s development.
Roadmap strategic objectives
- Provide a summary of areas within the industry that require attention, with a focus on addressing the major barriers to adoption for Bitcoin SV.
- Identify areas of concern with unimplemented or poorly implemented parts of the Bitcoin network model.
When making submissions, it is imperative that organisations:
- Explain the current status of the areas they are submitting on, including the requirements, challenges and reasoning for standardisation.
- Identify the requirements that standardising the selected area would entail.
- Propose measures and methods for the implementation of the standard.
- Demonstrate how interoperability between applications in the selected area would improve the utility of Bitcoin SV for the benefit of the broader ecosystem.
The roadmap is aimed at businesses and authorities interested in contributing to the development of Bitcoin infrastructure.
These may include:
- Application and infrastructure developers
- Businesses operating in the digital asset space
- Public and government institutions
- Regulators and standard-setting organisations
- External parties monitoring activity and growth of the Bitcoin ecosystem